Saturday, November 13, 2010

Things #18

I have had a facebook account for a little while now. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1528141966   I never had a myspace account because I am a very private person and I am very skeptical of people having that much access to me.  I decided to get a facebook page under the urging of my friends just to stay in touch with them.  I have to admit that facebook does get you in touch with people who you may have lost contact with.  I have reconnected with a lot of people I went to high school with.  I like that feature of how you can find friends and you can comment on their status.  Every time someone makes a comment on your status you get an email or you can get an alert on your phone. 
   I feel like teachers should know about the dangers of social websites.  They should be careful about pictures and statements that they post.  Because if those posts are deemed improper, they could be fired.  Teachers should also be leery of accepting friend requests from their students.  This could lead to relationships being viewed as improper.  I do not think that a teacher should use a facebook/myspace account for educational use, because of all the potential dangers.  I think that teachers should use educational social networks where only the students, teachers, and parents have access.  I have enclosed a link of some of those sites.     http://www.educationalnetworking.com/List+of+Networks

No comments:

Post a Comment